★★★★★ Cooking time: 30 min.
Today I made a French dish with chicken and an apple as the main ingredients and finished with fresh cream.
It took me only 30 minutes to cook the dish.
Peeling the apple skin took me the most because peel off the skin of an apple with a knife was not something I used to. I will use a peeler next time so that cooking time may reduce to just over 20 minutes.
The refreshing sourness of an apple and fresh cream are great together. Please enjoy the meat dishes that are different from the usual taste.
One Point Advice
- Cooking using a frying pan requires serious attention, especially after turning the stove on. So you need to prepare every ingredient to be put in the frying pan in advance including seasonings, and then turn the stove on.
- Although I said it was a serious game, a very good fragrance comes from the frying pan during cooking, so if you want to drink wine, it is recommended that you enjoy cooking while holding the frying pan with your left hand and occasionally with a glass of wine in your right hand.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- Chicken leg meat: 200g
- Apple: 1 pcs
- Onion (chopped): 1/6 pcs
- Butter: 20g
- White wine: 75 cc
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Bay leaf: 1 pc
- Fresh cream: 2 tablespoons
- Vinegar: 1 teaspoon *Use vinegar instead of wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper: as you like
How to Make it
- Melt butter in a frying pan and saute the apple. Slowly cook the apple over medium heat until it becomes brown color (from time to time, keep the frying pan away from the stove to avoid burning the apple).
- When the apple becomes an adequate color, add the onions and saute them until they turn clear color.
- Add the cut chicken legs and fry over medium heat until the meat gets light brown (again, keep the frying pan away from the stove so that the apples and onions are not overcooked).
- Reduce heat to low and add white wine, sugar and bay leave on the ingredients sauteed in STEP 1 (you can use 1 teaspoon of honey instead of sugar, and please note that if the heat is too strong, white wine will quickly evaporate and the taste of the sauce will change).
- Heat to medium and add fresh cream, then quickly mix the cream with the ingredients.
- Finally, turn off the stove, add vinegar, and adjust the taste with salt and pepper as you like.
Serve on a plate and finish!
This is a dish with a rich sourness and flavor of an apple. It is great with wine. Please eat up all of the sauce with bread!