★★★★★ Cooking time: 30 minutes, Preparation: 10 minutes + Hot Cook: 20 minutes
This dish is made with Hot Cook’s specialty, waterless cooking. No water is used. This is a hot dish that will make you feel like eating at a restaurant in Chinatown. No matter how many times you make it, you will never get tired of it!
This is one of our regular dishes that we have made many times since we bought the Hot Cook last summer. And yet, I accidentally forgot to write about it!
The great thing about this “Stir-Fried/Braised Chicken and Cashew Nuts” is that it is made without using water. The water comes from the vegetables. And yet, the meat and vegetables end up with just the right degree of tenderness.
As the name “stir-fried” implies, the result looks as if it has been stir-fried over high heat in a large Chinese frying pan, then quickly boiled and finished.
I can’t make it this well, even with a frying pan.
The first time I made this dish, I was so glad I bought the Hot Cook just to be able to eat it! Then, after cooking the dish many times, I still feel the same way!
WHAT IS HOT COOK？
Hot Cook is Japanese popular cookware, waterless automatic cooking pot series, made by SHARP. Just put the ingredients in the pot and press the switch to automatically prepare a variety of dishes.
HOT COOK 1.6L size (for 2-4 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
This article introduces recipes using the Hot Cook, which has become an indispensable part of our home.
Hot Cook Recipe [Stir-Fried/Braised Chicken and Cashew Nuts] One Point Advice
- If you have time, you can cut the ingredients into bite-sized pieces of the same size as possible for better taste.
- And then coat the bite-sized pieces of chicken with potato starch.
Hot Cook Recipe [Stir-Fried/Braised Chicken and Cashew Nuts] Ingredients: 4 people
- Chicken thigh: 300-400g
- Potato starch: 1 tablespoon (to cover the chicken)
- Green pepper: 4 pieces
- White Onion: 1 piece
- Bamboo shoot boiled plain: 50g
- Salt and pepper: a little each *You can use less and sprinkle as you like after the dish is done.
- Cashew nuts: 50g to 60g
- Sake: 4 tablespoons
- Oyster sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Soy sauce: 1 teaspoon
- Chicken soup stock (granulated): 1 teaspoon
- Ginger (grated): 1 pinch *Tube-type grated ginger is OK.
If you are making this for two people, halve the ingredients and seasonings. The cooking time of the Hot Cook is the same (set automatically).
Hot Cook Recipe [Stir-Fried/Braised Chicken and Cashew Nuts] How to make
- Cut chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces and sprinkle with potato starch.
- Cut green pepper and green onion into bite-sized pieces.
- If the boiled bamboo shoots are not pre-cut, cut them into bite-sized pieces (If the bamboo shoots are already cut, use them as is).
- Mix the seasonings together in a small bowl.
First, place the bell pepper, white onion, bamboo shoots boiled plain, and cashews in a pot and season with salt and pepper.
Next, add the chicken coated with potato starch to the pot.
Finally, sprinkle the pre-mixed seasoning over the top.
Select a menu => Search by category => Simmered => Meat => Braised chicken and cashew nuts => Start cooking => Start
When you hear the finishing chime, open the lid, mix it up, and place it in a bowl to serve.
In the past, when I tried to cook Chinese food in a frying pan, I always failed because I couldn’t get the right amount of potato starch and water, and it either didn’t thicken or was too thick.
I wonder how Hot Cook can make such an adequate thickening sauce when it automatically cooks even though the dish is waterless cooking.
Once again, I felt that the Hot Cook is wonderful! It’s really delicious!
HOTCOOK 1.6L size (for 2-4 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
HOTCOOK 2.4L size (for 2-6 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot