★★★★★ Cooking time: 17 minutes, Preparation: 5 minutes + Hot Cook: 10 minutes + Extend heating: 2 minutes
I made Oyakodon (chicken and egg on rice) in the Hot Cook. The best thing about the Hot Cook is that you can just leave it alone and don’t need to worry if it is cooked at the proper heat! Once you put the ingredients in the inner pot, you can just leave it alone. After the first finish chime, add the beaten egg and extend heat for 2 minutes. We enjoyed a delicious Oyakodon with half-boiled eggs!
This is my family’s original recipe.
You cannot go wrong with Hot Cook when cooking stewed dishes, and you can always enjoy delicious meals. Of course, I could make a tasty Oyakodon this time.
The preparation and cooking time is only a little over 15 minutes.
It’s so easy to make that I’m sure it will be on the dinner table many times in the future, along with our family’s most famous dish, the pork rice bowl.
The recipe is for two people, but if you want to make it for one person, just halve the number of ingredients and seasonings.
WHAT IS HOT COOK？
Hot Cook is Japanese popular cookware, waterless automatic cooking pot series, made by SHARP. Just put the ingredients in the pot and press the switch to automatically prepare a variety of dishes.
HOT COOK 1.6L size (for 2-4 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
This article introduces recipes using the Hot Cook, which has become an indispensable part of our home.
Hot Cook Recipe [Oyakodon] One Point Advice
- If you don’t have mentsuyu, you can use 1 teaspoon of Japanese granulated dashi (for 2 people), but I recommend adding mentsuyu if possible.
- Depending on the amount of beaten egg, if you feel that the egg is not quite done when you open the lid, you can stir the whole thing and the residual heat will make the egg half-boiled and just right.
Hot Cook Recipe [Oyakodon] Ingredients: 2 people
For one person, halve the number of ingredients and seasonings.
- Egg, break into a bowl and beat: 3 or 4 pieces
- Chicken thigh, cut into bite-sized pieces: 1 piece (about 200g)
- Onion, slice into thin strips: 1/2 piece
- Soy sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Mirin sweet sake: 1 tablespoon
- Sake: 1 tablespoon
- Sugar: 1/2 tablespoon
- Mentsuyu (2 times concentrated): 3 tablespoons
- Water: 150cc
Hot Cook Recipe [Oyakodon] How to make
- Slice the onion into thin strips.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Break the egg into a bowl and beat it.
- Prepare the seasonings.
- First, add the onions.
- Next, add the chicken.
- Add all the seasonings and water.
Make manually => Make stew => Mix => Set cooking time to “10 minutes” => Start
When you hear the finishing chime, open the lid, and pour in the beaten egg you have prepared.
Close the lid of the Hot Cook and extend the heating for 2 minutes.
If you are cooking for one person, you only need to extend the heating time by 1 minute.
When you hear the finishing chime, open the lid, gently mix it up, break up the egg, and place it on top of the white rice.
If you like shichimi pepper (a ground mixture of red pepper and aromatic spices) or sansho Japanese pepper, the taste will be accentuated and taste even better!
It is also delicious if you sprinkle some crumbled dried seaweed.
HOTCOOK 1.6L size (for 2-4 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
HOTCOOK 2.4L size (for 2-6 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot