★★★★★ Cooking time: 40 minutes, Preparation: 10 minutes + Frying 5 min + Hot Cook: 25 minutes
The chicken skin of the Teriyaki Chicken has such a spicy savor. The chicken meat is tender and juicy at the same time. The main seasoning of this recipe is soy sauce which makes a slightly sweet and gentle taste. The secret ingredient of tomato ketchup adds a hint of sourness, making it a very delicious dish. It makes a great side dish for a lunch box as well.
With this recipe, first, you have to use a frying pan to grill only the skin side of the chicken, even though it is a little bit of a hassle.
The good thing about cooking using Hot Cook is that you can complete the entire cooking process with just an inner pot of the Hot Cook, but you will have to use a frying pan for this particular dish.
Of course, the process of cooking the chicken skin can be done in the Hot Cook using the “fry function.” But to finish it in a short time, the frying pan is much quicker.
When I cook a dish that uses chicken thighs, I usually try to use only the meat part and not their skin. I remove the chicken skins with a knife and frozen them separately in a plastic container.
And when I have a certain amount of chicken skins, I use the accumulated skins to make “chicken miso stew.”
WHAT IS HOT COOK？
Hot Cook is Japanese popular cookware, waterless automatic cooking pot series, made by SHARP. Just put the ingredients in the pot and press the switch to automatically prepare a variety of dishes.
HOT COOK 1.6L size (for 2-4 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
This article introduces recipes using the Hot Cook, which has become an indispensable part of our home.
Hot Cook Recipe [Juicy Teriyaki Chicken] One Point Advice
- Grill the chicken skin side only, using a frying pan.
- It is best to cook the skin until it is slightly browned.
- You don’t need to brown the whole skin, just the still lean bits when you grill it.
Hot Cook Recipe [Juicy Teriyaki Chicken] Ingredients: 4 people
- Chicken thighs: 2 pieces
- Olive oil: 1 teaspoon *Salad oil can be used.
- Boiling water: about 1 liter酒：大さじ２
- Sake: 2 tablespoons
- Soy sauce: 2 tablespoons
- Mirin: 2 tablespoons
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Tomato ketchup: 1 teaspoon
– For garnish
- Boiled spinach: 4 bunches
(You can also use finely sliced white onion.)
Hot Cook Recipe [Juicy Teriyaki Chicken] How to make
- Boil about 1 liter of water.
- Place a kitchen paper on a large plate.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Place the chicken, skin side down.
- Cook until the skin is dark brown.
- Turn off the heat, wipe off the oil in the pan with a paper towel, and be careful not to burn your hands!
- Then pour the boiling water directly into the pan and discard it immediately.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place it on a plate where kitchen paper is spread to remove excess water.
- First, put the chicken in the pot, skin side down.
- Next, add all the seasonings (sake, soy sauce, mirin sweet sake, sugar, tomato ketchup).
Select a menu => Search by menu number => No.375 (Tori no Fukkura Tsuya-ni) => Start cooking => Start
When you hear the finishing chime, open the lid, take out the chicken thighs, cut them into desired sizes with a knife, and place them on a plate to serve.
This time, I added spinach boiled separately in hot water as a side dish. It also goes well with finely sliced white onions or yuzu pepper.
I kept some in a storage container and enjoyed it as a side dish for my lunch the next day!
The best way to prepare the lunch box is to spread a spoonful of Momoya’s “Saa Saa Fresh Shichimi Togarashi” on a bed of white rice and top it with “Juicy Teriyaki Chicken.”
The piquancy of the chicken and the sansho just can’t be beat!
HOTCOOK 1.6L size (for 2-4 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
HOTCOOK 2.4L size (for 2-6 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot