★★★★★ Cooking time: 75 minutes, Preparation: 15 minutes + Hot Cook: 60 minutes
It is a delicious soup full of umami flavor from the seafood. I used frozen and canned ingredients to save money, but no problem at all! The soup was simmered for an hour in the Hot Cook without water, and it turned out to be delicious with just the water from the seafood and vegetables. While cooking the soup, our house smelled like I was in the South of France!
Over the weekend, I made Bouillabaisse, one of the world’s top three soups, in Hot Cook.
Bouillabaisse has a strong image of being a luxury dish, using large head-on prawns and mussels that are hard to buy in ordinary supermarkets.
But you don’t have to use such expensive ingredients to enjoy a delicious Bouillabaisse.
WHAT IS HOT COOK？
Hot Cook is Japanese popular cookware, waterless automatic cooking pot series, made by SHARP. Just put the ingredients in the pot and press the switch to automatically prepare a variety of dishes.
HOT COOK 1.6L size (for 2-4 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
This article introduces recipes using the Hot Cook, which has become an indispensable part of our home.
Hot Cook Recipe [Bouillabaisse] One Point Advice
- The only seasoning you need to add is salt. The rest just comes from the umami flavor from the ingredients.
- The amount of salt to use is calculated based on Ms. Kazuyo Katsuma’s method of “ingredients + 0.6% of water.
- Therefore, the key is to prepare the ingredients while weighing them.
Hot Cook Recipe [Bouillabaisse] Ingredients: 4 people
- Onion, slice into thin strips: 2 pieces (about 400g)
- Celery, finely chopped: 1 or 2 stalks (about 100g)
- Garlic, finely chopped: A clove
- Mushrooms: 8 pieces
- Canned tomatoes: 1 can (450g) <Use a whole can of canned tomatoes>
- Whitefish: 2 fish (160g) <This time we used frozen cod>
- Shrimps: 4 to 8 (120g) <This time I used 8 frozen shrimps>
- Squid, cut into slice: 1 cup (about 200g)
- Canned asari clams: 1 can (125g) <use all the asari juice>
- White wine: 100ml
- Saffron: Small amount (Soak in white wine)
- Pepper: As much as you like.
- Bay Leaf: 1 leaf
- Salt: about 10g
The total weight of the ingredients and water this time was about 1775g.
Therefore, the amount of salt used was about 1775g X 0.6%, or about 10g of salt.
Hot Cook Recipe [Bouillabaisse] How to make
- If you have saffron, add a small amount of saffron to the white wine to give it color.
- Cut up the onion, celery, and garlic.
- Prepare the seafood. It can be frozen and added to the inner pot.
- Prepare other seasonings.
- First, add the onions, celery, garlic, and sprinkle with pepper.
- Next, add a whole can of canned tomatoes.
- Add the cod, shrimp, squid, mushrooms, and bay leaf.
- Add the white wine, the canned asari clams with all the liquid, and finally, the salt.
Select a menu => Search by category => Soup => Bouillabaisse => Start cooking => Start
When you hear the finishing chime, open the lid and place it on a soup plate to serve.
I grilled some toast and served it with Bouillabaisse soup. Of course, I enjoyed several glasses of wine with the soup.
If I ever buy mussels at the supermarket, I will try to cook an authentic type of soup.
But even with frozen seafood and canned asari clams, you can still enjoy a feeling of a luxurious vacation in the south of France!
HOTCOOK 1.6L size (for 2-4 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
HOTCOOK 2.4L size (for 2-6 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot