★★★★★ Cooking time: 40 minutes, Preparation: 15 minutes + Hot Cook: 25 minutes
The clam chowder soup is full of the delicious taste of clams. It has just the right amount of thickening to make you feel warm and happy. The taste of the vegetables, such as the potatoes’ crunchiness, the carrots’ sweetness, and the onions’ umami, is just excellent. You can enjoy the incredible deliciousness of the ingredients that you can’t taste in canned soups on the market!
I have always liked clam chowder and had often bought Campbell’s canned clam chowder soup.
I used to make it by slowly heating it over low heat while adding milk a little at a time, but if I made a mistake or thought about something else for a moment, the soup would spill out of the pot in no time. Then, it would be a minor disaster and a mess to clean up in the kitchen.
With the Hot Cook, there are no spills. Of course, you don’t have to keep stirring the soup with your hands, and you just have to put ingredients into the inner pot!
WHAT IS HOT COOK？
Hot Cook is Japanese popular cookware, waterless automatic cooking pot series, made by SHARP. Just put the ingredients in the pot and press the switch to automatically prepare a variety of dishes.
HOT COOK 1.6L size (for 2-4 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
This article introduces recipes using the Hot Cook, which has become an indispensable part of our home.
Hot Cook Recipe [Clam Chowder] One Point Advice
- The canned clam (asari clam) is used not only for the asari clams but also for the clam juice, so be careful not to throw it away by mistake.
- To make the asari clam juice, add water to the remaining canned asari juice to make a total of 200cc.
- This time, the can I used this time is labeled as “55g of asari, 130g total volume”.
In this case, the asari clam juice was 75cc (=130g-55g), so I added 125cc water.
The amount of salt to add is calculated as “weight of ingredients X 0.6% salt”.
Hot Cook Recipe [Clam Chowder] Ingredients: 4 people
– Ingredients (about 400g in total)
- Boiled asari clams: 50-60g
- Onion, cut into 0.5-1cm cubes: 1/4 piece
- Potato, cut into 0.5-1cm cubes: 1 small potato
- Carrot, cut into 0.5-1cm cubes: 1/2 piece
- Bacon, cut into 0.5-1cm cubes: 80g
- Flour: 3 tablespoons
- Asari clam juice: 200cc => Add water to the remaining juice from the canned asari clam to make 200cc
- Milk: 400cc
- Butter: 20g
- Pepper: a little
- Salt: about 6g => Add about 0.6% of the weight of the ingredients and seasonings.
In this case, it is about 1000g X 0.6% or about 6g of salt.
Hot Cook Recipe [Clam Chowder] How to make
- Cut the onion, potato, carrot, and bacon.
- Put all the chopped ingredients in a food storage bag, add 3 tablespoons of flour, and mix the ingredients and flour well.
- First, put the floured ingredients into the pot.
- Next, add all the canned asari clams (asari clams and asari clam juice).
- Add the water (add 200 cc of water to the asari juice).
- Add milk, butter, pepper, and salt.
Select a menu => Search by category => Soup => Clam Chowder => Start cooking => Start
When you hear the finishing chime, open the lid, mix it up, and serve it in a soup plate or a mug.
When served in a mug, you can enjoy clam chowder soup by taking time while sitting on the couch, even while watching a movie or TV.
HOTCOOK 1.6L size (for 2-4 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
HOTCOOK 2.4L size (for 2-6 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot