★★★★★ Cooking time: 90 minutes, Preparation: 25 minutes + Hot Cook: 1 hour 5 minutes
The Hot Cook has been in our home for 6 months now (as of December 2019). This was the first time I made pot-au-feu. It was one of the best 3 menus we have made so far. Especially during the cold winter months, it’s the best dish ever!
As usual, the Hot-Cook does all the cooking automatically, so the only thing you have to do is cut the ingredients and put them in the pot.
I used a lot of potatoes (4 potatoes) more than the official recipe. Because of this, before I pressed the start button on the Hot Cook, the pot was overflowing with vegetables. But with a little bit of pushing, I was able to get them all in about 4 cm from the top.
When I opened the lid after cooking, I found that all the vegetables had been tenderly cooked in just the right amount to make an excellent vegetable soup. The potatoes, which I added more, were incredibly tender and tasty, yet soft and not mushy!
I used the same amount of ingredients, seasonings, and water as the recipe, except for the potatoes. However, it still turned out perfectly fine.
One of the great things about Hot Cook is that it automatically adjusts the cooking time depending on the amount of ingredients in the pot. It is truly a wonder how it is made. It even adjusts the heat level automatically.
Anyway, you can enjoy plenty of delicious vegetables! Although sugar is not used, the umami flavor and sweetness from the vegetables make it tasty.
WHAT IS HOT COOK？
Hot Cook is Japanese popular cookware, waterless automatic cooking pot series, made by SHARP. Just put the ingredients in the pot and press the switch to automatically prepare a variety of dishes.
HOT COOK 1.6L size (for 2-4 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
This article introduces recipes using the Hot Cook, which has become an indispensable part of our home.
Hot Cook Recipe [Pot-au-feu] One Point Advice
- You will use many vegetables, so depending on the size of your Hot-Cook pot, it may overflow, but if you can get a lid on it, you should be fine.
- The potatoes will be tender and tasty even if you cut them into larger pieces. I cut potatoes from 1/8 to 1/2 size, but all sizes were equally tender and did not fall apart.
- After cooking, gently mix the potatoes in the bottom of the pot to not break them up and serve.
Hot Cook Recipe [Pot-au-feu] Ingredients: 4 people
- Potatoes: 2 (recipe calls for 2, but I used 4)
- Onion: 1 piece *Cut into chunks
- Carrot: 1 piece *Cut into chunks
- Cabbage: 1/8 piece *Cut into chunks
- Sausage: 8 pieces
- Consommé (granulated): 2 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper: a pinch of each
- Water: 500ml
Hot Cook Recipe [Pot-au-feu] How to make
- Add the ingredients listed above to the pot in the order listed.
Place the Hot-Cook pot near the cutting board and put the chopped ingredients into the pot one after another. You can prepare them without extra space.
Select a menu => Search by menu number =>
No.013 (Pot-au-feu) => Start cooking => Start
When you hear the finishing chime, open the lid, mix it up, and place it in a bowl to serve.
Be careful not to stir too hard, or the potatoes will break up.
We made a lot of Pot-au-feu, so we had enjoyed it also for brunch the next day!
HOTCOOK 1.6L size (for 2-4 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
HOTCOOK 2.4L size (for 2-6 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot