★★★★★ Cooking time: 95 minutes, Preparation: 5 minutes + Hot Cook: 90 minutes
With this recipe, the fatty part of the meat melts and disappears as soon as you put it in your mouth. The simple tomato ketchup-based seasoning, combined with the sourness of the vinegar, gave the dish an old-fashioned, comforting, familiar taste. The mashed potatoes served with it are also outstandingly delicious!
The Japanese popular TV drama series “Solitary Gourmet Season 8 (Kodokuno Gurume)” started airing on Amazon Prime Video the other day.
The story is about spare ribs, which the main character orders at a German restaurant in Shonan Beach. The spare ribs in the drama were flavored with sour tomato ketchup and served with mashed potatoes.
After watching this drama, I couldn’t wait to eat spare ribs. So I immediately went to the supermarket and bought 450 grams of spare ribs and potatoes.
It took an hour and a half in the Hot Cook to make excellent spare ribs that were as good as the drama, and we enjoyed them for dinner.
The meat is very tender, and the fatty part of the meat melted in your mouth and was gone with seconds. Its flavor is simple, based on tomato ketchup, but the sourness of the vinegar gives it an old-fashioned, comforting taste.
I made the mashed potatoes that accompanied the restaurant’s spareribs in “Solitary Gourmet,” which turned out to be also delicious. As talked about in the drama, indeed, mashed potatoes go well with spare rib sauce.
WHAT IS HOT COOK？
Hot Cook is Japanese popular cookware, waterless automatic cooking pot series, made by SHARP. Just put the ingredients in the pot and press the switch to automatically prepare a variety of dishes.
HOT COOK 1.6L size (for 2-4 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
This article introduces recipes using the Hot Cook, which has become an indispensable part of our home.
Hot Cook Recipe [Spare Ribs] One Point Advice
- Use a spoon to lightly spread the honey, ketchup, garlic, and ginger seasonings on the surface of the spare ribs to soak up the flavors and make it delicious.
Hot Cook Recipe [Spare Ribs] Ingredients: 2 to 4 people
- Spare ribs: 400-800g（regardless of the amount of meat, you can use the same amount of seasoning)
- Onion, slice into thin strips: 1 piece
- Balsamic vinegar: 3 tablespoons (You can use regular vinegar or black vinegar)
- Soy sauce: 2 tablespoons
- Honey: 1.5 tablespoons
- Ketchup: 1.5 tablespoons
- Garlic, grated: a little (You can use a tube or chopped garlic)
- Ginger, grated: a little (You can use a tube-type)
Hot Cook Recipe [Spare Ribs] How to make
- Cut the onion into thin slices.
- Prepare the seasoning.
First, put the onions, then the spare ribs into the pot.
Next, add the balsamic vinegar (or vinegar/black vinegar) and soy sauce, sprinkling it over the spare ribs.
Finally, add honey, ketchup, garlic, and ginger to the surface of the spareribs, lightly smeared with a spoon.
Select a menu => Search by category => Stew => Meat => Spare Ribs => Start cooking => Start
When you hear the finishing chime, open the lid, and place it in a dish to serve.
I served the spare ribs with mashed potatoes and spinach. The mashed potatoes go very well with the spare ribs. Please give it a try.
How to make [Mashed Potatoes] Cooking time: 10 minutes
Potatoes: 2 pieces
1) Peel the potatoes and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
2) Boil the potatoes in hot water for a long time until they become soft.
3) Drain the potatoes in a colander.
4) Transfer the potatoes to a bowl and mash them with a spoon or fork.
5) Put the milk and butter in a heatproof container and heat them in the microwave to melt the butter.
6) Add the milk and melted butter to the potatoes in about three portions.
7) Stir the potatoes gently while adding the milk and butter.
The amount of milk and butter should be adjusted according to the desired consistency of the mashed potatoes.
HOTCOOK 1.6L size (for 2-4 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
HOTCOOK 2.4L size (for 2-6 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
Good news for those who use the old model of Hot Cook with stainless steel inner pot! The long-awaited hot cook fluorine-coated inner pot is now on sale as an option!
I bought it online!
Now you can cook without worrying about cooking menus that stick to the bottom of the pot. Check it out if you are interested!
The fluorine-coated inner pot has FB at the end of the model number. Please be careful when purchasing. F refers to “fluorine.”
Sharp TJ-KN1FB Inner Pot for Hot Cooks, 0.4 gal (1.6 L) Type, Fluorine Coating
Sharp TJ-KN2FB Inner Pot for Hot Cooks, 0.6 gal (2.4 L) Type, Fluorine Coating
Sharp TJ-KN05FB Inner Pot for Hot Cooks, (1.0 L) Type, Fluorine Coating