★★★★★ Cooking Time: 35 min. Preparation 15min. + Hot Cook 20 min.
This dish is categorized as boiled food, but it tastes like a Chinese fried dish of chicken meat and nuts. It’s very tasty because “umami” (good flavor) comes from the vegetables. We ate the dish in a rice bowl style over steam rice.
One Point Advice
Nuts are expensive in Japan. In our home, we purchase a large pack of nuts and store them in small portions. Nuts are good for your body, so they are perfect for snacks as well as cooking. Wine & nuts, beer & nuts while watching overseas dramas and movies give us blissful moment. We used almonds, which are rich in vitamin E and are said to be good for beauty, for the dish.
Ingredients (for 4 People)
- Chicken leg meat (mouthful size): 400g
- Bell pepper (1 cm square): 4 pcs
- White leek (1 cm wide): 1
- Boiled bamboo shoot (1 cm square): 50 g
- Cashew nuts: 50g (any nuts are OK)
- Japanese sake liquor: 4 tablespoons
- Oyster sauce: 1 tablespoon
- Soy sauce: 1 teaspoon
- Extract of chicken-born broth (granule) : 2 teaspoons
- Grated ginger: 1 teaspoon
- Potato starch : 2 teaspoons
- Salt and pepper: a little
How to Make It
STEP 1: Prepare Ingredients
- Cut the meat into bite-sized pieces and place them in a plastic bag.
- Put potato starch and sprinkle it in the bag. The meat will be dredged evenly.
- Cut other vegetables. Although it is written in the recipe booklet as 1 cm square, it can be cut into a suitable bite size for eating.
- If you have time, cut all the ingredients (both meat and vegetables) to the same size as much as possible, then you will have a good feeling of balance when you put them into your mouth .
STEP 2: Put all Ingredients in the Hot Cook Inner Pot The recipe booklet says to put them in the order in which they are written, but it seems it does not matter that much if they are not in order.
STEP 3: Hot Cook Menu
Select menu => Search by Category => Boiled Food => Meat => Stir-Fried Chicken and Cashew Nuts => Start
STEP 4: Complete!!
Please enjoy after stirring and serving on dishes.
You can also prepare the dish with other vegetables and meat. It can be delicious with carrots and potatoes, and even with shiitake mushrooms. If you use almonds for nuts, it might be good to cut them in half for more pleasant to the taste.
One of the attractions of Hot Cook is that you can place a cutting board next to the inner pot and prepared ingredients can be put in the pot one after another. No large cooking space is required and only a cutting board and a kitchen knife are used, so cleaning up is easy as well.
I am so impressed that a dish can be made so easy and delicious. Thank you, Hot Cook!!