★★★★★ Cooking time: 45 minutes, Preparation: 20 minutes + Hot Cook: 25 minutes
Bokkakejiru is a local dish of Fukui Prefecture, a soup full of root vegetables. It is served over warm white rice. The recipe uses simmering burdock root, carrots, aburaage（deep-fried tofu), and shirataki (fine, whitish strings of konnyaku) in soy sauce and soup stock. It is very light because no meat is used. Also, it is a nutritious and delicious dish.
Bokkake is a local dish in Fukui Prefecture that is literally served over hot white rice.
Even in Fukui Prefecture, the ingredients and the way of eating are arranged according to the region, and there are many variations such as adding Kamaboko (fish paste.)
In some areas, it is served as dinner on the third day of the New Year, and there is still a custom of having the bride eat it at the end of the wedding ceremony.
WHAT IS HOT COOK？
Hot Cook is Japanese popular cookware, waterless automatic cooking pot series, made by SHARP. Just put the ingredients in the pot and press the switch to automatically prepare a variety of dishes.
HOT COOK 1.6L size (for 2-4 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
This article introduces recipes using the Hot Cook, which has become an indispensable part of our home.
Hot Cook Recipe [Bokkake Jiru] One Point Advice
- It is easy to prepare by using hand peeler for burdocks preparation.
- In addition to burdocks, you can also use a peeler to cut carrots into thin strips for a better texture and taste.
Hot Cook Recipe [Bokkake Jiru] Ingredients: 4 people
- Gobo (burdock), cut into thin strips: 1 stick
- Carrot, cut into thin strips: 1/2 carrot
- Aburaage (fried tofu), cut into thin strips: 1 piece
- white onion, slice diagonally into thin strips: 1 piece
- Shirataki, boil and cut in half: 100 to 200g
- Soy sauce: 5 tablespoons
- Sake: 2 tablespoons
- Dashi broth: 400ml
– Steamed white rice: as desired
- Bonito flakes, nori (seaweed), wasabi (Japanese horseradish), and mitsuba (Japanese honeywort): as desired
Hot Cook Recipe [Bokkake Jiru] How to make
- Cut burdocks into thin strips with a peeler and soak them in water.
- Cut carrot into thin strips.
- Cut Aburaage (fried tofu) into thin strips.
- Slice white onion diagonally into thin strips.
- Boil shirataki and cut in half.
- Prepare the broth.
- Cook white rice.
- First, add the gobo and carrot.
- Next, add the fried tofu, white onion, and shirataki.
- Finally, add all the seasonings.
Select a menu => Search by menu number => No.196 (Bokkake Jiru) => Start cooking => Start
When you hear the finishing chime, open the lid and pour it over hot white rice.
You can garnish it with white onions, dried bonito flakes, nori (seaweed), wasabi (Japanese horseradish), and mitsuba (Japanese honeywort), if you like.
The robust flavor of the bonito broth is especially delicious, making this a local dish with a gentle taste!
HOTCOOK 1.6L size (for 2-4 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
HOTCOOK 2.4L size (for 2-6 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot