★★★★★ Cooking time: 50 minutes, Preparation: 10 minutes + Hot Cook: 40 minutes
I tried making ratatouille one more time, using different ingredients and quantities from the last time I made it. The previous recipe was delicious enough, but this time it is even better, with much more depth of flavor, and I was able to enjoy a lot of vegetables! This recipe is also good with wine and bread. This one-dish alone is enough to fill you up!
This time, I used zucchini and carrots for the vegetables and thick-cut bacon instead of sausage for the meat. Further, I added a little white wine for seasoning and used fresh garlic.
As a result, it became a very delicious ratatouille, with so much depth of flavor to the finished product. We were delighted with the taste!
By the way, the best way to season a dish is to use only salt and not consommé to bring out the flavor of the ingredients.
The amount of salt to use is very simple.
You just have to use 0.6% salt of the ingredients you are using.
First, as you cook, measure the “weight” of the ingredients (vegetables, meat, and water) that you will add to the hot cook inner pot.
The total weight of all the ingredients used in this ratatouille is 1,055 grams. This is the weight of all the vegetables, the 450g can of stewed tomatoes, and the thick-cut bacon.
Once you know the weight, prepare a calculator, multiply the weight by 0.006, and use the calculated amount of salt.
Amount of salt to use = weight of ingredients X 0.006
In the case of this ratatouille = 1,055g X 0.006 = 6.33 = about 6g
In other Hot Cook articles, I’ve written about this method of calculating the amount of salt to be used, and I have never failed with the amount of salt calculated with the method. So please give it a try!
WHAT IS HOT COOK？
Hot Cook is Japanese popular cookware, waterless automatic cooking pot series, made by SHARP. Just put the ingredients in the pot and press the switch to automatically prepare a variety of dishes.
HOT COOK 1.6L size (for 2-4 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
This article introduces recipes using the Hot Cook, which has become an indispensable part of our home.
Hot Cook Recipe [Ratatouille] One Point Advice
- It is recommended to cut all the vegetables to the same size as possible. It makes all the difference in the appearance of the finished product and the texture when you put it in your mouth.
Hot Cook Recipe [Ratatouille] Ingredients: 4 people
- Zucchini, cut into approximately 1cm wide rounds: 1 piece
- Red bell pepper, cut into 1cm thick slices: 1/2 piece
- Yellow bell pepper, cut into 1cm thick slices: 1/2 piece
- Carrot, cut into 1cm slices, then cut in half: 1/2 piece
- Onion, cut into 1-2cm cubes: 1 piece
- Celery, cut into 1-2cm cubes: 1 stick
- Thick-cut bacon, cut into 1cm slices: 80g
- Canned cut tomatoes: 1 can (if using whole tomatoes, chop the tomatoes into small pieces)
- Fresh garlic, minced: 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- White wine: 1 tablespoon
- Bay leaf: 1 piece
- Salt: about 6g (weight of all ingredients X 0.006)
Hot Cook Recipe [Ratatouille] How to make
- First, put the onions, garlic, bay leaf, and olive oil in a pot.
- Next, add all the remaining vegetables and bacon.
- Finally, add the canned tomatoes and salt.
Select a menu => Search by category => Simmered => Vegetables => Ratatouille => Start cooking => Start
When you hear the finishing chime, open the lid, mix it up, and place it in a bowl to serve.
HOTCOOK 1.6L size (for 2-4 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
HOTCOOK 2.4L size (for 2-6 people), Latest model with a fluorine-coated inner pot
Good news for those who use the old model of Hot Cook with stainless steel inner pot! The long-awaited hot cook fluorine-coated inner pot is now on sale as an option!
I bought it online!
Now you can cook without worrying about cooking menus that stick to the bottom of the pot. Check it out if you are interested!
The fluorine-coated inner pot has FB at the end of the model number. Please be careful when purchasing. F refers to “fluorine.”
Sharp TJ-KN1FB Inner Pot for Hot Cooks, 0.4 gal (1.6 L) Type, Fluorine Coating
Sharp TJ-KN2FB Inner Pot for Hot Cooks, 0.6 gal (2.4 L) Type, Fluorine Coating
Sharp TJ-KN05FB Inner Pot for Hot Cooks, (1.0 L) Type, Fluorine Coating